Offers unique coverage not addressed by standard insurance product
WESTBROOK, Maine (Nov. 29, 2018) – Food trucks are a fast-growing trend throughout the Northeast, but they have unique property, liability and auto insurance needs that are not fully addressed by standard insurance products. Acadia Insurance, a Berkley Company® recently announced that it is introducing “Acadia Street Eats,” a special insurance program developed specifically for food trucks.
“The Acadia Street Eats program provides food truck operators with peace of mind knowing they’re better protected,” said, David LeBlanc chief underwriting officer, Acadia Insurance. “This niche market has unique business challenges and needs given that they operate out of a commercial vehicle, and this product is custom-tailored with these specific needs in mind. We’re very pleased to offer this to the New England Food Truck market through our independent agency partners.”
To help mobile food operators protect their business, Acadia has designed a comprehensive program that includes liability, property and auto coverage. The unique coverage enhancements include:
- Insuring the customer’s food truck at ‘agreed value’ – which means adequate coverage for the customized vehicle without any deduction for depreciation.
- Adding coverage for additional business personal property that is located on or in the food truck that is used as part of the business which would not normally be covered under a standard auto policy.
- Providing bodily injury and property damage coverage that arises out of food truck operations while it is parked and operating as a food vending business.
- Including business income coverage from properties or businesses that the food truck restaurant depends on to operate its business.
- Incorporating equipment breakdown coverage in the event of covered equipment failure, such as a grill or oven.
Additional lines of business, including workers’ compensation, are also available for food truck operators. For more information on Acadia Street Eats, please contact your local independent insurance agent or visit www.acadiainsurance.com.
About Acadia Insurance
Acadia Insurance is a regional company offering commercial and specialty property casualty insurance coverages through independent insurance agents with local offices in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont. Rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best, Acadia Insurance Company is a member company of Berkley, one of the nation’s premier commercial lines property casualty insurance providers. Please visit www.acadiainsurance.com.
Products and services are provided by one or more insurance company subsidiaries of W. R. Berkley Corporation. Not all products and services are available in every jurisdiction, and the precise coverage afforded by any insurer is subject to the actual terms and conditions of the policies as issued.