Property losses can vary from a relatively minor loss to one that significantly impacts your business and your livelihood. It’s important to know you have claim professionals ready to assist you when you need them most. Acadia’s claim team members are located throughout our business region and will meet you on-site in the event of a significant loss to assess the claim and help you through the process.
Commercial Property Loss Mitigation
What to do in the event of a loss:
- Report your property loss to your agent or directly to us as soon as possible. If a crime has been committed, such as theft or vandalism, notify the police immediately.
- When it is safe to do so, take all reasonable steps to protect property from further loss or damage. For example, make temporary repairs to protect your property from weather damage, such as covering roof openings and boarding windows. If your property is damaged by water, contact a local water remediation company to begin drying efforts.
- Separate undamaged property from damaged property, and take an inventory of damaged items.
- Preserve all evidence relating to your claim, including damaged property and parts or materials related to the cause of the loss (failed piping, faulty wiring, defective materials, etc).
- Take detailed photos of the scene as soon as possible, before conditions change. Remember that most cell phones have cameras, if a camera is not otherwise available.